Casestudies | Manufacturing | 01.06.15
The company was the subsidiary unit of a large Airconditioner manufacturer . Manufacturing, distribution, marketing and sales activities of this large auto maker for India markets were carried out in this subsidiary unit
For a company that aims to achieve and sustain high performance, performance and talent of workforce plays a key role in their strategies. Building and maintaining high talented workforce is crucial for any business.
The client realized the importance of building and creating value for their employees’ in order to achieve the high performance they targeted. They realized that their current HR processes are becoming ineffective in managing the needs and aspirations of growing workforce. Morale and motivation of employees seemed to be on the declining path which had a telling impact on the productivity. The subsidiary unit approached 1Point 1 to suggest ways for improving HR processes so as to deliver better value to their employees and thereby increasing their overall performance and productivity.
1Point1 developed a HRO services with an objective to deliver higher business value through outsourcing leveraging high quality processes and technologies.
• 1Point1 initially provided recruitment services from their delivery centers that are spread In India. They helped the client to source the right candidates.
• Later they assisted the client with performance appraisal of their employees.
• 1Point1 carried out all the training and development programmes for the employees of their client.
• The service provider also provided learning, employee life cycle management, payroll administration and information management services in all the countries in which the company operated.
1Point1 delivered the services through its delivery centers in Mumbai, Bangalore and Gurgaon.
By outsourcing HR activities, the company was able to:
• Reduce HR management cost by 30%
• Implement an integrated HR system
• HR process got standardized across all the 7units of the company in India
• Improved the turnaround time when it came to HR tasks like sourcing right employees
• Increased the operating time from 16hrs to 24 hours per day by introducing new shift in one of its plant.
• Recruitment and training of 800 new talents in just one month.