Casestudies | Retail | 01.06.15
Since inception, the clients DTH’s business strategy has been focused on providing best-in-class, top notch products and superior customer service. Operating in a highly fragmented and competitive market, the company’s main business challenge was to increase market share and share of wallet. While the retail presence was growing, the client was aware that it had limited control over retailers beyond a point.
The client is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 4 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers.
It’s direct-to-home (DTH) services offer satellite television services in the form of multiple television connections, interactive services, set top boxes, video on demand services, multi dwelling unit solutions for multistoried buildings and channel packages. The set top boxes are available in forms of Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD).
• Enhance customer experience and represent the service for which the client is known for.
• Offers a swift response to the leads, required to convert the leads to sales.
• Uses business intelligence to frame the strategy to be deployed for various lead sources.
• Deploys analytics to gauge the areas of opportunity and offer solution.
• Uses a mix of technology and operational expertise to improve channel management.
1POINT1 worked closely with the client to understand the intricacies of the leads sourced through various campaigns. Basis the understanding, the strategies for different campaigns was designed and delivered. With proper emphasis on timely reach and quality customer engagement and service, the team was able to increase the order booking rates of all campaigns. Effective channel management and constructive close looping process enhanced the final conversion rates as well.
• Source Based Strategy – Basis the past data on order booking/sales trends, the strategy was devised to modulate the approach and penetration.
• Skill Management – The approach for this process had to be blend of customer service and sales, and hence the manpower deployed for this process was trained with skills of both.
• Channel Management – The sales is not complete till the device is fitted at the customer’s place by the nearest channel. Hence an effective close looping team is deployed to ensure timely fitment by the channel partner of the client.
• Business Intelligence – Continuous improvement of sourcing campaigns require monitoring of data trends. The data, including that of voice of customer, is shared on a regular basis to aid better channel packaging, identification of subscriber package selection patterns, upgrade patterns etc. Geographical customer insights help design local campaigns.
• Event Marketing – The client keeps rolling out short term offers related to specific events which could be a huge sporting occasion like a world cup or festivals etc. Since these offers have different technological needs, continuous advancements are made in the CRM, and the manpower is skilled accordingly.
• More than 90% customers attempted within 10 minutes of lead hitting the servers, ensuring timely service delivery.
• Apt strategies and skilled manpower has helped keeping the Order booking % on an increasing trend ever since the process started, resulting in reducing the cost per lead by 35%.
• Conversion% now operating at a rate of 85%+, reducing the overall cost of acquisition for the client.