Casestudies | Telecom | 02.05.2015
The Client is in the business of Teleshopping. Launched in January 2008, the client has grown to become one of India’s largest comparison based social shopping portal. A one-stop destination for shoppers, merchants and market enthusiasts, that binds buyers and sellers in a lucrative network, the client helps people connect better making the whole experience of buying easier for customers. The Client connects millions of sellers, products and buyers in a segregated and clutter-free environment that helps the decision making process of customers easy.
The call volumes generated by the print and media ads were extremely high making it extremely difficult to handle serious buyers from general enquiries. The Client felt that the order booking was not reflective of the extreme call volumes. Cost of servicing a call was extremely high leading to budgetary mismatch and eroding profitability. The customer experience and the impact of the brand was taking a hit therefore hindering the growth of the brand in the competitive market place.
The Client processes did not allow them to quantify the loss of revenue from serious customers versus the segment which was calling into just enquire. The Client did not have the workflow in place to support a large customer contact environment to support transactions of such magnitude. The client needed a solution which would help them in the following:
• Separate genuine buyers from enquiries.
• Service genuine buyers promptly.
• Collate enquiry types to lower call volumes in this segment.
• Use technology integration to streamline order process.
• Plug Revenue Loss.
• Enhance Customer Experience.
1Point1 strategy team worked with the Client team to understand as is processes and advised changes in process workflows as well as technology up gradation to support the workflows. 1Point1 created a COE in their Mumbai Headquarters to take charge of this client and implement the changes to turnaround the business performance.
After an in depth analysis of the client’s business a core strategy team and an implementation team was established in Mumbai. While the implementation team was delivery focused, the strategy team interacted with the client and managed things at both ends.
• Added Revenue upwards of 50 Crores per annum.
• Contributed to enhancing overall customer satisfaction by 5 basis points.
• Re aligned to Client Goals.
• Re aligned and Optimized Analytics Resources
• Workflow changes implemented ( IVR changes implemented)
• Reporting standardization achieved.
• Implemented Global Best Practices
• ACD management by tweaking skills and queue.
• Operational processes tweaked to improve efficiencies.
• Training customization and simulation achieved.
• Proprietary tools developed to help manage workforce effectively.
• Training and development processes standardized.
• Operational processes standardized.
• Version control implemented.
• Documentation of processes.
• Process created for checking program health check at periodic intervals.
• Order Conversion Increased By 40%.
• Revenue per Call increased by 45%.
• Cost of operations reduced by almost 47%.
• CSAT increased by 14%.
• ABA reduced to less than 2%
• Enquiries reduced by 32%.